Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bring on 2012 and Watch me Grow

With a new life opening before me, 2012 is going to be the year I rule MY world!  Far too long, I have repressed my inner self.  My writer!  I have made everyone and everything a priority above my most innate need.  My fellow writers understand, I'm sure, how strong the urge to write and relieve the build up of imagination within can be.  To have something to say and have it be heard is the ultimate in personal freedoms.

Let me be clear, nothing or no one prevented me from writing but me.  Internalizing so much of who I am has caused greater damage than any another person could inflict.  This is why I am taking back my life, freeing myself and inviting others to join in the self-development and healing that writing can bring.

During 2012, I have work to do.  Goals to reach:
Finish 1st novel (13,100 out of 36,000 words) 
Submit poetry and flash fiction entries once a month
Blog once a week
Continue to build my platform and brand

I could go on, but I've learned over the years, there is a need to limit goals to what can be managed alongside life.  Otherwise, I quit at the first setback because it feels like there's too much to catch up on.  WHEN I achieve these goals, I will set new ones.  So join me on this journey, learn with me, cheer me on, correct my mistakes, ignore my rants.  Just don't expect me to stop and go away, because I won't.  

2 comments:

  1. Those are great goals! Best of luck and I hope I can be of help. You should add the 2012 Missouri Writer's Guild Conference to your list of goals and maybe attending a few meetings out in St. Charles...will definitely help you take your writing to the next level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Al. I will have to look into that. I am so lucky to have found such a supportive group of people willing to help me grow as a writer. You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete